Wednesday 13 February 2013

15 minute spending galore

With 15 minutes to spare before I start work I decided that it was probably about time I spent my 'The Body Shop' gift card from my mums lovely cousin. Armed with a generous £20 voucher I headed in store.

Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner
Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash
White Musk Libertine
Nutriganics Refreshing Toner

For a grand total of £17.85 I came out with 3 paid items a free gift and a discounted membership to The Body Shop. I was amazed by the layout of the store and the easy going staff, not to mention the "Spend more than £15 and get a free gift" ideas. I'm a big lover of The Body Shop and swear by half the make up in there but instead of going for my usual eye liner and eyebrow pencil combo, I decided to go for something completely different.




 Tea Tree Skin Clearing Toner - £5*

 Having received a sample sized version of this (a very generous size) as my mum had bought £15 worth of products at Christmas time I got to experience an oil based toner for the first time. Like all The Body Shop products the appearance of the item isn't wonderful but due to it being extremely well priced and their recycling ethics you can't help but brush off the appearance. The smell of Tea Tree is very apparent but not overwhelming. Apply to a cotton pad and simply sweet over the face. That's all there is to it. Applying this to your beauty routine once a night will cleanse your pores and show off visibly, healthy skin. Over all I'm extremely satisfied with the product, so much so I bought an extra bottle for when mine runs out.



Seaweed Deep Cleansing Facial Wash - £8*

For a slightly over priced £8 you can pick up yourself a deep cleansing facial wash. By applying  a small dab to wet skin in a circular motion the bladderwrack seaweed helps cleanse pores and wash away any traces of make-up. Unlike most cleansers this one is a gel-base and free of any extra 'bits'. It's application is completely smooth. However, spending £8's on a facial wash is out of my price range and I only purchased due to my gift card. Albeit if I'm impressed with the cleanser after using it solidly until the bottle is empty, only maybe then I will consider adding it to my beauty shopping list.

Refreshing Toner - £3*

Found in the bargain bin I picked up this refreshing toner to apply just before I go to bed. From the outside I was under the impression it was a moisturiser. Until I got to test out the products later in the evening I was pleasantly surprised to find it was an oil-based product and is applied by a cotton pad. With traces of babassu oil I was impressed by how much it made my skin feel. Suddenly my usually dry skin was perfectly refreshed and well looked after. Given it's handbag size and won't take up any room in your beauty bag I highly recommend you grab yourself one. I can tell this is a product I wont be able to live without. 

White Musk Libertine, Solid Parfum - £5*

Gifted by the lovely ladies at The Body Shop I was given a solid parfum product.The smell is a perfect blend of girly meets sophisticated with a touch of libertine. I often have the problem on a night out of not having enough room in my clutch for any perfume. However my issue has been solved. The size of a small lip balm tin, this will fit perfectly in my pocket or bag. The parfum is applied by rubbing your finger in the look-a-like soap and applying to the skin. It's as simple as that as yet smells as if it's straight out the bottle. For £5 this product is definitely on my shopping list.

As New Look is directly opposite my work place it's hard not to stray in sometimes. I've been looking for the perfect pair of Chelsea boots for quite some time and New Look delivered. The boots immediately called my name and were the last in my size. They originally retailed at £27.99 and were in a flash sale at just £15. I couldn't resist. 




www.thebodyshop.co.uk


www.newlook.com




No comments:

Post a Comment