Tuesday 6 August 2013

Sun, Sea and A&E

So I'm back from my unusual holiday of the party town Malia.

I'd just like to say it is exactly like the programmes describe it. 24 hours of drinking, flirting and non-stop partying. I was given 3 rules to go away with that most people would consider simple.

  1. No phone calls saying I was in hospital
  2. No STI's
  3. No pregnancies
However, I broke the first one within the first few days. Unfortunately it wasn't your typical twisted ankle or glass in foot. Turns out what I believed was food poisoning and a bout of dehydration turned out to be acute appendicitis at bursting point. If the girls hadn't insisted I go to the Malia Medical Centre when I did I believe I'd probably still be sitting in my rather posh hospital room. For the first couple of days of holiday what seemed like every other day I was becoming ill. Nausea, sickness, a fever, stomach ache were just a few of the symptoms I had on top of a hangover. Convinced when walking into the Malia medical centre i'd be put on a drip, maybe some sickness tablets and then on my way, turns out I was being rushed to the other side of the island in a rather dangerous looking ambulance. The next morning I was rushed into surgery early for emergency surgery to remove my appendix. It wasn't until after surgery did I learn that my appendix had grown almost 4 times the scale of what it should be, latched itself onto my uterus and twisted my ovary in the process. Not your average holiday, right?

However, I'm back home and making a very speedily recovery. The downside is that due to my incisions it makes it difficult for me to wear anything other than a pair of knickers and my dads baggy t-shirts, no matter how much I want to get dressed. So, hopefully by next week I'll be even further into my recovery process and able to give you a full up to date outfit post.


No comments:

Post a Comment