Tuesday 16 July 2013

Swimwear has never looked better

I go on holiday in exactly 8 days to Malia, Crete. Being on a girls holiday in a place dominated by hormonal, drunk teenage boys, to me it's vital to ensure I have a strong and sensible bikini or one piece. I could not think of anything worse than someone coming up behind me and undoing my bikini top, resulting in me showing Crete a little bit more than I intended too.

On a shopping trip on Saturday before work I bagged myself a few bargains.
Striped bathing suit, Primark - £8 
Jelly shoes, New Look - £8.99 with 10% student discount. Orig £9.99
Jewelled bikini top, Primark - £8
High waisted bikini bottoms, Topshop - £10
Black string bikini, Primark - £3
Coin purse, Primark - £2
Student Diary 2013/14, Independant store - £6





The great thing about the all in one is that it's underwired. For all you small boobed girls as well, you'll understand how great this is in a one piece. When trying on bikini tops i've often been left wondering, where do my boobs disappear?  They might be small but I know I had some. With this all in one it lifts up and maximises to give to the impression that there is actually something there. It includes a halterneck strap which came change the entire look of the swimsuit. Being a curvy size 6 and having bigger hips, than well, any other part of my body, I struggle to make swimsuits look sexy but I'm very pleased with how it looks.





This is my splurge. After doing a lot of online shopping research I realised to get a high waisted bikini, including the top, you're looking at £30+. To me thats far too much for a bikini, especially given the fact you wear it for a week, put it back in your wardrobe and forget about it until you've bought a whole new set of bikinis. However, wandering around Topshop I saw these black bikini bottoms. At £10 they're a little bit more than I wanted to pay but they really do fit great. They make me feel sexy and just like a 50's pin up. As the bottoms didn't come with a top I knew exactly what top to buy. The Primark jewelled, halter neck top simply called my name. Drawn to the white colour and the stunning centre piece I knew they would be teamed perfectly. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the top was not heavy and fit lovely. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a bikini top.




No comments:

Post a Comment